This policy describes how Bzees.com.au collects, uses, and shares personal information. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Act. You can jump to particular topics by going to the headings below:
Types of Information we Collect
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you and how we use that information.
- Account Registration: We collect your name and contact information when you create an account. Accounts can be used for easy checkout and to save your preferences and transaction history.
- Demographic Information: We may collect demographic information from you such as your age or location.
- Email Interconnectivity: If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.
- Employment: If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number. Providing this information is required for employment.
- Feedback/Support: If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.
- Mailing List: When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address or postal address.
- Mobile Devices: We may collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website or when visiting one of our stores.
- Order Placement: We collect your name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit card number when you place an order for fulfillment and troubleshooting.
- Third Party Tracking: We participate in behavior-based advertising. This means that a third party uses technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our websites, or on other websites. You can opt-out of receiving advertising based upon your browsing behavior from some network advertising companies by going to the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance websites, although to completely prevent advertising based upon your browsing behavior you should also disable the cookies on your browser.
- Web logs: We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.
The below companies may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalisation of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes.
Use and Processing of your Information
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites or our stores.
- To provide products and services or to process returns.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To streamline the checkout process.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships. Use and Processing of Information As discussed in the sections above, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Promotional Emails: You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Promotional Mailings: If at any time you do not want to receive promotional mailings from us you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us at (Bzees Customer Service) with "NO SNAIL MAIL" in the subject line along with your name, address and post code. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
- Promotional Text Messages: If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP”.
- Changes To Your Personal Information: We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Our website allows you to modify or delete your account profile. You can make changes to other information by contacting us at the information below or by visiting your Account Dashboard. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our website does not permit you to update or correct certain information contact us at the address described below.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information: Typically we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the contact information below. In addition, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
- Revocation of Consent: If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the contact information below.
- Access To Your Personal Information: If required by law, upon request, we will grant you with reasonable access to the personal information that have about you. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the contact information below.
- Online Tracking: We do not currently recognise automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
How we protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use
reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure, we
cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to
inform you of any unauthorized access to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in
writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Our website permits you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission Of Information To Other Countries. Your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, Australia. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information below.
- Third Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
- Children. Bzees.com.au is not targeted to children. We will never knowingly request information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the
appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional
1 Gateway Court
Coomera, QLD, 4209
Contact us by emailing Customer Care
Policy Pertaining to Instant Checkout
To improve our user experience, we are partnered with Instant Checkout, a service that facilitates a seamless and efficient shopping process. As part of this collaboration, we may collect mobile numbers during the instant checkout process for the purpose of sending abandoned cart text messages.
We understand the importance of privacy and assure our users that the collected information will be used solely for the intended purpose and will not be shared with third parties. We respect your preferences, and within the text messages, you will find an option to opt out of further communications.
Your trust is paramount to us, and we are committed to maintaining the confidentiality and security of the data you share with us.
Please find the image provided as an example of our Instant Abandoned Cart text messages. Highlighted in red is where you will find the option to unsubscribe from this feature.
Simply click the link and follow the instructions, this will unsubscribe you from receiving these texts in the future.